Our practitioners have experience in conducting specialist assessments for neuro-developmental disorders in adults and children. Typical assessments include:
• Neuro-developmental disorders: We undertake cognitive and developmental assessments in both infants (under 4 years of age), children and adults to screen for, or diagnose, conditions such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Dyslexia, and Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD, known as Dyspraxia).
• Behavioural Disorders: An initial screening assessment for Oppositional Defiance Disorder, Conduct Disorder or other primarily behavioural disorders in children and young people, followed by a diagnostic assessment if required.
• Cognitive decline: The assessment of cognitive functioning to screen for, or diagnose, conditions such as Dementia, alcohol or substance use associated cognitive deterioration and other degenerative conditions.
• Personality: Screening for the presence of a Personality Disorder followed by a diagnostic assessment if this is required.
• Psychological wellbeing: an assessment of overall psychological health in children, young people or adults, that can include the impact of physical health conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Acute or Chronic Pain.
The initial screening assessments can usually be completed remotely either by phone or the internet. More comprehensive diagnostic assessment may require a face to face consultation. Reports can be provided for a school. education authority, a health provider or an employer.